Friday, September 28, 2007

Scanty coverage of Burma uprising on Radio24



Picture from BBC Online



STOP/SCAN:

I contacted my Radio24 source today and complained to him that I thought that his station wasn't doing enough to provide coverage on the escalating drama and violence in Burma.




The representative argued and said that they were carrying stories on Myanmar. But I said it clearly wasn't enough as this was an obvious major newsbreaking item of the day.




It has been a top story for the past 10 days or so even.




Anyway, let's hope that my suggestion will be heeded and there will be more coverage on Burma immediately.




At 1.30pm today BBC World Service was hot on the trail of the region trying to uncover what was happening there even though their broadcast has been off limits from the country.




They were at least able to tell that no marches were held yet for today but that people were expecting people to come out in the streets in defiance "within the next hour."




Fingers' crossed and ears peeled everyone.




aNt